Sunday, September 13, 2015

Grand Canyon with the boys


The Grand Canyon has always been one of my very favorite places in the world. Growing up in flagstaff we were spoiled by having it as a place to go for day hikes and short backpacking trips. Living farther away I've really missed seeing it, and I can hardly believe today was the first time I've ever taken my boys there. We had a great day, starting at the desert view tower, then a little (nerve wracking) hike down the grand view trail - one of the more technical trails with some pretty steep spots. You can be I didn't let go of Wesley! After that, we walked to Shoshone point, which was amazing. Later the visitors center and then on the way home, oh yes, we stopped at bedrock city. I loved it when I was little and although not quite the same if you've never heard of the flinstones, the boys thought it was pretty cool too.



Desert view tower


The boys were pretty impressed by the view of the canyon from the top of the tower.

And here's Wes on the grand view trail, going down.


And then on the way back up...


The boys at Shoshone point and then the whole family.



And then, a few from bedrock city.




Overall, a really amazing day.

No comments: