Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The Eggs

We enjoyed having my mom and Ron here for Easter over the weekend. Getting ready, the boys and I did several craft projects to decorate. Dying eggs is always one of the most fun parts though! 
We glued some of my nana's old beads onto egg-shapes.


 We also made paper mâché eggs out of water balloons, streamers and glitter.


Somehow I missed a photo of the eggs, but I got the glitter! And here is one just for fun - "eggs" that are "hiding"

 
And of course, the eggs!


We made lots and lots of regular dyed eggs, but these few were experiments with a traditional Ukrainian egg-dying lit that my mom brought. I had fun with the detail!


The boys had a great time with their baskets and their egg hunting. I put either "n" or "w" on each egg to make the hunt a collaboration rather than competition. It worked great!


Wes was mostly just interested in the candy!




Hope you had a happy Easter too! 

1 comment:

glo said...

It was so much fun to spend the weekend with you. I loved the boys singing in the candlelight! Fun pictures!