Saturday, March 8, 2014

Gardening and grocery adventures


There they go, off to put some little seedlings and seeds into our new plot at the new community garden down the street. We have plenty of yard space, but really would like to see the garden get for the ground, and also love the idea of automatic watering! 
I stayed home to get some work done. Hopefully the days of Chris taking the boys out to do fun things while I stay home will be getting less common soon!
In the afternoon I wanted to go grocery shopping and somehow, I don't know how, but somehow Chris convinced me that we should ride our cargo bikes to Trader Joe's. If you've ever been to our house, you know that it's a long DRIVE to trader joe's. We decided to take the long way on the new river park. It turned out to be a 14 mile ride on the river park way there, and then just 7 miles back through town. Anyway, I got my exercise today, but I'm sorry to admit that it probably won't become a regular grocery run. We stopped at the turtle pond on campus on the way back and there were lots of turtles sunning themselves. Overall, it was a very nice day.



No comments: