Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Noah: Four Years Old

This morning, Noah woke me up and while we were all still in bed has asked, "Mom, and I really four now?"
Me: "Yes"
Noah: "I still feel like I'm three."

My four-year-old Noah can be a handful at times, but mostly he's a sweet, loving, caring little boy who loves trains (more than almost anything), his little brother (maybe even more than trains), and Cinderella and Tinkerbelle.

He speaks so clearly, I sometimes forget that he's so small.

He asks more questions than you can imagine, especially during movies and on the car-ride to school.

He can ride a two-wheel bike without training wheels, very well. In fact, he already insists on riding his bike most of the way to school some days (which is over two miles away).

When I get frustrated and start to yell, he ignores me until I say, "do you hear me?!" and he says, "Yes mother." Oh, this is payback for what I did to my mother...

He loves his little brother. I know I already said this, but it's so sweet and true. I love seeing them hold hands to walk somewhere, or give each other hugs

Instead of digressing to baby-talk when he hears us oogling over Wesley's new language abilities, he joins in: "mom, he said train!" He's so proud of his little brother, and eager to help him learn. Now, don't get me wrong, I still hear plenty of screams and yells... "WESLEEEEEEEEY!!!!" is a common sound in our household. It doesn't help that Wesley is completely unphased by it.

I know there are always more things that I should say, but these are the things I can think of right now. Happy Birthday (a day late) to my sweet four-year-old!!

No comments: