Monday, September 10, 2012

11 Months!

Untitled

More than my usual few days late on this, but still, I can't just let it go by. Wes is now 11 months old. I can't believe it's already time to plan a birthday party for him. A birthday! A whole year. How can that be? Can't I keep him as my little baby for just one more year?

As I mentioned last week, he is a rambunctious little boy. He loves to laugh and gives kisses and cuddles to his big brother. He loves his daddy, sometimes even prefers him over mama (that took much longer for Noah).

- He says Dada, Mama, No, and I think maybe Ball and he makes monkey sounds like, "ah ah" when he sees the monkeys hanging above the changing table.
- He is fast. So fast. I thought I should have entered him into a baby race or something.
- He's getting very steady on his feet. Standing for long moments before he decides at the last second to sit down rather than take a step.
- He's learning to sign things like more, all done, and milk (which is really great, because it means the ear slipping screams have subsided a bit. Thankfully, there are other ways to communicate).
- He loves to dance. Anytime there is music, even just coming out of a plastic toy, he stops everything and starts to move with the rhythm. I've got to get these guys into dance classes!

Here is a link to Noah's 11 months post (Noah 11 Months), in which I also complain that I'm not ready for my baby to be a one year old. That baby, who is already 3 and a half and suddenly seems like such a big boy. No toddler anymore. A Noah post is coming up soon.

1 comment:

Patti said...

I don't want him to be one yet, I haven't gotten to just hold him as a baby much!