Sunday, August 26, 2012

It's fall, isn't it??

Every year around this time I start thinking it sort of feels like it ought to be fall. I start wanting to bake things with pumpkin and wear cozy sweaters and make soups. Unfortunately for me, it probably won't get down into the low nineties for another month, and not even into the eighties (which is sort of cold for us anyway) for at least a month and a half. I guess I could crank the air conditioner down...

Untitled

I usually try to hold out as long as I can to do any baking since the oven is sort of off limits this time of year, but I cracked. My pumpkin cravings (fueled by tons of interesting things on pinterest) and my sweet little boy coming into the kitchen, teeny baking pan in hand, asking if we could bake some cupcakes together was just too much to resist. These pumpkin muffins were wonderful. Again, from smitten kitchen, although I reduced the sugar by half, used the whole can of organic pumpkin, and used whole wheat flour so they could be "healthy" muffins.

Untitled

I promise I'll try to take more photos of the boys, and fewer dessert photos for the rest of the month.

One more thing to share for anyone interested: A recent engagement photo shoot on my photography blog | Owen & Cassie | Rosekai Photography

2 comments:

glo said...

Yum - I baked today too - nutbread! I thought the engagement photos were lovely - I especially liked the one where she is laughing when he is kissing her neck! cute!

glo said...

Yum - I baked today too - nutbread! I thought the engagement photos were lovely - I especially liked the one where she is laughing when he is kissing her neck! cute!