Monday, July 16, 2012

Louisa's Birthday (and slightly overdone cake)

IMG_7430.jpg I was planning on just making a simple carrot cake for Louisa's birthday, but I just couldn't help myself. I made a couple of colors and then some silly designs. Although I was definitely chuckling at myself for this, I can't say I didn't love the way it turned out. IMG_7443.jpg Even though I was afraid it was really overbaked (which is part of the reason I got carried away with the frosting: Overcompensating...), it actually tasting pretty good. Especially with the wonderful homemade ice cream Louisa made (and unfortunately, I failed to get a good photo of). IMG_7445.jpg

3 comments:

natasha said...

Lovely frosting job! And happy birthday, Louisa!

andrea said...

Great looking cake!!

Unknown said...

I love all your photos, as usual. Thanks for the wonderful cake. It was a great birthday. Can you send me copies? Have a great trip! -- Lou