Thursday, March 1, 2012

Raw Chocolate "brownie balls"

-0769

This recipe came from my friend Robin (the one who also taught me how to make my own lotion). She's kind of a health guru and these are awesome. The original recipe includes dried cherries, but they were so expensive and Chris loves figs so much that I made this batch with figs instead and they came out great.

-0759

I used:
About 6 small dates (pitted, of course)
about 6-8 dried figs
1/4 C cacao nibs
1/2 to 3/4 cups of walnuts

Turn on the food processor and I think I'd add the walnuts first next time, then the other things while the processor is on (it's a bit much to handle all a once, since these things are pretty sticky). As soon as it's all blended up, you just form it into balls. I used a round tablespoon to make them pretty. You can roll in coconut or whatever else, or just leave them how they are. Noah thought they were awesome.

-0770

3 comments:

natasha said...

wow...those look SO good. thanks for sharing the recipe!

Amy Robinson said...

Wow! Yummy.

Though I think the name could be improved a bit.

(Or I just can't imaging NOT giggling about eating balls. Because... I just can't. So I guess I'm immature!)

Unknown said...

I made these last night for the first time. Fabulous!! Thanks for the recipe and inspiration.