Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Keeping an eye on what matters



I confess that I've been having a little trouble adjusting to being back at work. Bringing the little one to work (I know I'm very lucky to be able to do this) and then picking the 2-year-old up at school, home to make dinner and then launch into our remarkably unstreamlined bedtime routine. Laundry, dishes, and whatever else in between... anyway, let's just say that my temper has been shorter than I would like. I tell myself all day about how patient I'm going to be, to see things through two-year-old eyes... but sometimes I just yell. Feeling bad about getting frustrated with an overly whiny morning this morning, I found this piece of paper lying on the floor of Noah's room. I don't know what it is or where it came from, but I made me stop and think. This what matters... how much I adore these two little boys. Everything else needs to just collect some more dust.

IMG_8318

IMG_8320

IMG_8335

And one more boy in there two. The daddy, often referred to as "Tris!" And isn't this a great one for showing family love??

IMG_8338

2 comments:

moriah said...

I remember that exact same feeling when I went back to work after my second [boy] was born. Not having enough patience... time... energy. As a working mama I still have those days. From my little glimpse into your family you are wonderful! Your boys are loved. Guilt is over-rated. XOXO.

Amy Robinson said...

Life just sends us little messages doesn't it? Thank goodness for them. You and your three boys. It's a good life. :)

Lots of love from Alaska.