Monday, November 28, 2011

A Bell from Santa

We rode the Polar Express all the way to the North Pole.
Okay, it was really the Grand Canyon Railway's Polar Express trip, but awesome for this train-loving two-year-old. And great fun for all of us too. Even Wes, who has been quite fussy a lot of evenings, was wide-eyed and interested the entire time!

Ready for the polar express
Look of wonder as the train approaches the station

IMG_9508
Inside the train, ready for the trip to the North Pole

IMG_9532
Wide-eyed Wesley enjoying the trip. And, yes, even matching pajamas :-)

IMG_9572
A Silver Bell from Santa Claus
Before the trip, Noah told me that Santa would give him a bell (which he actually called a "star"). I was relieved to find out that they really do pass out silver bells to each child (so I didn't have to search for one to give him...). After Santa came through, Noah was singing and dancing with some of the other kids, and a lady asked him, "what did you ask Santa for for Christmas?" He held up his silver bell. This is a very special age for celebrating Christmas. I love that he hasn't learned to make a list of all the toys he wants. A bell from Santa is a special gift.
IMG_9592

IMG_9567
Happy Boy

5 comments:

natasha said...

Looks like you guys had a great time and the photos are amazing - that light is magical and so unique to wintertime cozyness. Can't wait to hear more. xo

Amy said...

Oh my gosh this is so sweet! I love that top photo.

glo said...

Wonderful memories...I found Wesley's bell under a table- I'll save it for him. Love you all.

Unknown said...

Okay, sweetest blog post ever!! I'm in love with that look on Noah's face...almost made me cry.

Amy said...

Wow! I just realized that your photos link to your flickr. That's really cool. How do you do that??