Monday, September 5, 2011

Long weekend at home

I know the title of this post doesn't sound exciting, but for us, a three day weekend where we don't travel anywhere in a very rare thing. My mom visited for the first couple of days, and then we just stayed mostly around the house and enjoyed some catching-up-on-just-about-everything time. Not that we actually caught up on everything, but we did get a few things done. I even had time to make a new baby carrier that I've been planning for a while. I'll do a separate post with photos of it (I promise!).

We started out with Friday morning at the children's museum with Nana. I bet she'd never ridden a police motorcycle before :-)



Saturday was another day with my mom, spent at tot swimming lessons, a few second-hand stores (with some great finds!), and dinner.

Sunday morning we woke up early to go to the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum member's pancake breakfast and found this butterfly airing out it's wings after hatching from it's chrysalis right on our front porch!



I didn't remember to take any photos in between pancakes, eggs with chorizo, and everything else. But, here is a pretty desert museum flower.

No comments: