Thursday, August 18, 2011

Summer Treat: Mango Sorbet

-9105

This time of year in Tucson you can find really amazing, really cheap, really ripe mangoes and it's hard to resist buying them when they're like that. We usually eat them up, but I had a few extra that really needed to be eaten, so here's what I made.
I used a recipe that called for:
4 ripe mangos
2 Tbsp lime juice
1 C simple syrup
I guess you might want the simple syrup if your mangos were just okay, but these mangos didn't need any sweetener so I left that out.
You just puree the ingredients and then put them in an ice cream maker. We have the kind that fits onto a kitchen aid mixer, so this much easier than pie :)

-9099

IMG_7949

And voila! It was delicious.

IMG_7952

Or, if you don't have an ice cream maker. The mango and lime puree made wonderful popsicles too. Chris thought they were especially good with some chili powder (Mango con chile is his favorite kind of Mexican popsicle).

IMG_7947

1 comment:

... said...

Oh my god it looks delicious! Mmm.