Friday, June 17, 2011

Home Again

-8651

We've been home for a few days now, but it's taken me a while to feel settled again. That's what you get when you don't clean up the house enough before you leave on vacation...
Halfway home in the airport we realized that our car was still at the mechanic and we didn't have anyone to come pick us up. So we started making phone calls. Not only did Tasha come pick us up at 9:30pm, she brought us yogurt and peaches and some of her incredibly awesome granola (recipe on her blog here) for breakfast in the morning since she knew we wouldn't have much food in the house. Thanks again Tasha!

We also had three ripe tomatoes our garden when I went out in the morning. I was so excited to see the red peeking out of the big bushy plants (thank you to Kite and Maya for stopping by and making sure everything was being watered while we were gone. We're lucky to have such nice friends!)
It's feels good to be home, except for the fact that we're stuck inside most of the time to avoid the temperatures in the 100s outside! Welcome back to Tucson.

3 comments:

... said...

Those tomatoes look awesome. I'm going now to check out Tasha's granola recipe. Mmm.

moriah said...

Emery,

I hop over to your blog from Summers. Not sure if you remember me. I grew up with Summer and am friends with Maya. Anyways. Your photos are amazing and I am so smitten with Noah! Hope you don't mind me stopping buy and so nice to see you and your family are doing so well.

Moriah

emery_rose said...

Moriah,
Of course I remember you and I'm happy you come by to check my blog! Maya talks about you a lot and gives me little updates. Hope everything is going well!