Monday, April 4, 2011

Olives in the Waterfall

IMG_6983

Actually, a fountain at the botanical gardens last week, with a few olives floating in it from a nearby tree.

IMG_6978

They sink down and then slowly come back up. Tricky for little fingers to grab, but so worth the effort.

IMG_6980

IMG_6981

Who could have guessed that fishing these olives out and tossing them in a fountain over and over again would be the most fun thing we did this week? (And I'm not saying it wasn't a fun week, just that this olive game was really loved by one little boy)

2 comments:

Amy said...

That is so cute. The first and last photos are my faves.

I feel like an idiot for never once seeing an olive tree (noticing rather) while I lived in Tucson.

glo said...

I loved this picture series. What a look of triumph!