Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A weekend of Tucson fun

Sunday morning we headed downtown for an event called Cyclovia. A lot of the streets were completely closed to cars, and we rode around the loop along with tons of other cyclists and walkers. Chris has been taking Noah to school in the mornings on the bike (a little over 5 miles) and they've been loving it. Obviously, Noah is his father's son, and we are a bike-riding family!

IMG_6919

(This is out of order, but) here is a cake that I helped Cheryl make for her son Tyler's first birthday party. A "cut-up" cake. The frosting was soooo delicious. It turns out measuring is over-rated.

IMG_6907

We went strait from Cyclovia to Tyler's birthday party (which started right around nap time). All the kids and ball games and cake made up for the lack up nap though, and we had a great time.

IMG_6954

And lastly, A little Noah-Daddy love in the garden. We planted some tomatoes, peppers, and cilantro. A simple salsa garden to enjoy this summer. I'll post some more photos of the finished product soon. My wonderful husband braved a week of allergies to make us a beautiful backyard garden.

IMG_6867

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow Emery. I don't think you shared that before. Congratulations!!!!

By the way, thanks for your comment on my last post. I would adore a painting night with you. And I loved your idea of pressing paper on the palette.

Congratulations, again. I can't wait to meet this new little one.