Sunday, November 14, 2010

Toy Train Museum

This afternoon we discovered a jackpot for little boys (and some old men) who really really love choo choo trains. I got a little flier from a tiny train museum downtown, and had no idea what to expect, especially when we drove out into a warehouse district. We couldn't believe this place! There were so many trains and such intricate towns, farms, mountains, tunnels, and everything else. The place was filled with little kids marveling at two or three trains going by all at once, traveling different directions, into and out of tunnels. Noah wanted to move in.
Here he is sitting in the real caboose outside:

IMG_2417

IMG_2421

In the middles of the diaramas were the "engineers" (older men, often wearing train engineer hats). As usual, I took a lot of pictures. Here are some favorites:

IMG_2380

IMG_2332

IMG_2372

IMG_2314



IMG_2325

Here is a link to their website: http://gpdtoytrainmuseum.com/

3 comments:

glo said...

That looks like so much fun - how cool that you found that place!

Patti said...

I love model train places. During our fair once a year they used to set up model trains and I could just watch for hours. Chris could too. Amy, not so much. :)

Gina said...

Wow, I love the expressions of delight on the faces of the older gentlemen..Tucson is full of treasures hidden in warehouses.
Thanks for your sweet comments about my banner--I'm going to make the a custom order in my shop--so look out!

xoxo,
Gina