Sunday, November 28, 2010

Leftovers

I love thanksgiving leftovers. They're almost better than the original, don't you think? This post is not really about leftover food though. It's called leftovers because it's taken me so long to upload these photos from thanksgiving cooking. My mom and I had fun cooking together for two days, with a little help from Noah.

IMG_2865

I discovered in the last couple of years that I love homemade cranberry sauce, and that it's ridiculously simple to make.

IMG_2876

IMG_2883

I also made this recipe that my Grandmother always made, called "curried fruit". This is before I added the brown sugar and curry powder that makes this a special dish.

IMG_2923

Here's one of the Sanfrancisco Peaks on Thanksgiving morning, when we walked down to see the "choo-choos" in the freezing cold wind. Noah walked all the way there, and he didn't want to leave. Who cares about a frozen nose?!

IMG_5855

2 comments:

natasha said...

that picture of the peaks makes me homesick....so pretty!

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to make a quick comment to say I’m glad I found your blog. Thanks