Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Supernatural Otzu

IMG_5207

For my birthday, Tasha gave me a cookbook called "Supernatural Cooking" by Heidi Swanson. It has all these beautiful photos and healthy recipes. I think it was the first time I've ever sat down with a cookbook and made a shopping list. Here is the first thing I made: Otzu
(The photo above shows the page with this dish, and below is how mine turned out)

IMG_5215

Soba noodles with a sauce made out of lemon zest and juice, tamari, honey, fresh ginger, rice vinegar, olive oil, sesame oil, cayenne pepper, and salt. The sauce is poured over the noodles, and then everything is tossed with cilantro, cucumbers, green onions, sesame seeds and tofu that was browned on each side. This was one of the first things I've ever made that Chris said I should make again, exactly the same way. Noah clapped his hands it was so good. Thanks Tasha!

If anyone wants this recipe in more detail, let me know and I'll send it along.

2 comments:

natasha said...

Yum! That looks so good! I'm really glad it worked out and I do want the recipe, but I can just copy it from the book next time I'm over. Here's the link to the author's blog: http://www.101cookbooks.com/index.html
She has lots of other goodies on there.

glo said...

Wow - all this looks so good - it's inspiring me to cook!