Monday, March 1, 2010

Down the Hill





Some of you might think I should pretend it isn't true (it might not fit with my image, after all), but I'll admit it. We love going to Ikea. It's one of the highlights of almost every single trip we make from Flagstaff back to Tucson. We even love the Swedish meatballs and lingonberry sauce plate from the little Ikean cafeteria. Noah enjoyed some applesauce and people-watching. He seems to enjoy colorful places and crowds.

We found a few things, including a little lime green potty (you will be seeing photos of it, I'm sure). It's early of course, but it was so cute. Why not let him get used to it now, right? This evening I sat Noah on it before his bath and guess what? He peed in it! I'm sure he didn't even realize it, but he did like that I clapped for him. Isn't it funny what you can get excited about when you spend all day talking to a nine month old?

Noah continues to be a wonderful road-tripper. He is infatuated with cheerios. The sound of a voice on an audio book seems to sooth him enough to make him sleep almost the whole way.



Notice the pacifier held safely in his right hand, just in case.

4 comments:

glo said...

Glad you had a good trip home. I found a cheerio on the floor and it made me miss you guys....

Chris said...

I had a fun trip, so thanks to Glo and Ron for hosting! But Emery, you have to figure out which is your son's right and left before you confuse him terribly.

Patti said...

The other right hand. LOL. I've been to Ikea a couple of times and I love just looking at everything.
Love ya,

emery_rose said...

Okay, it was on my right... I'll leave teaching which hand is which to you, Chris :)