Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Musical Memory



There are few things in the world that are as much of a joy and comfort to me than sitting and listening to my dad play the guitar and sing. Having him here, along with his best friend of more than 30 years, Vincent (also the father of two of my closest friends), brings back memories of the feeling of falling asleep listening to their music. Or sitting around a fire watching them play with a whole group of people singing and playing. Watching Noah sit mesmerized by it is exciting. I'm so grateful that he gets the chance to sit and listen.

Plus, here is a sneak preview of what we're doing around here this week...



6 comments:

natasha said...

Oh wow. Everything but the kitchen sink...oh wait, you got that too. ;) Can't wait to see what you're planning for the kitchen. Bet it's going to look fantastic, whatever it is.

Amy said...

I agree with Natasha, but my first response was more like HOly SHIT! Where did the kitchen go?

If I could turn back time, that night I spent "calming" a fussy 2 month old June in your guest room would instead have taken place outside, enjoying the music. Live and learn. You are lucky to have had such music all your life.

Patti said...

I hope Noah gets all that musical ability. Did you know someone came and took your kitchen! Bet it was your dad, he does such nice work, can't wait to see what happens!

Xochi Mama said...

Kitchen remodel....you are a brave woman!

Louisa said...

I love the picture of our dads! Listening to them brings back similar memories for me: playing, dancing, singing, and inevitably falling asleep by a campfire or on someone's couch listening to the grownups and their guitars until late into the night. We are lucky to have such sweet memories.

Chris said...

Oweeeeeeeee, Oweeeeooooo weeeummbummmbooooowaaaaayyyyy.

Oweeeeeeeee, Oweeeeooooo weeeummbummmbooooowaaaaayyyyy.

Oweembuway oweembuway oweembuwayy...

....oh the memories Noah will have!