Monday, February 22, 2010

9 Months (Yesterday)

Three quarters of a year old. My boy was looking bigger to me today. His "well baby" visit to the pediatrician did not feel like a well baby visit. Sick again, or still. Poor little guy. He's probably forgotten what it feels like not to have a stuffy, runny nose. I think we're turning a corner though, since I got some useful advice from Melissa. Keep your fingers crossed for us breaking free of this cycle of ear infections.

On a positive note, the ladies at daycare have still commented repeatedly on what a sweet-natured, mellow little boy Noah is. He's easy to love with that flirty little smile, clapping hands, and his most recent, the superstar. Arms raised high above his head with a big grin.

Milestones for this month:

- Almost, almost, almost crawling... so close. He is certainly not having trouble inch-worming his way across the living room.

- Mastering the "NO" headshake. This gesture used to be something fun, but it didn't take long to learn just what it means. An unmistakable way to communicate what he wants.

- Moving from sitting (which is a cinch) to crawling.

- Understanding so much more about the world. Putting a hat on his head. Showing me his hand when I say "let's wash our hands." And so on.

- Saying dada very consistently. Almost saying mama (apparently, these sounds are harder to make. Also, Mama is an easy one to communicate :)

- Deciding that being attached to mama is a priority. Strangers are strange.

- Clapping his hands when anyone says "yeah!" or anytime he's excited.

- walking while holding someone's hands. The most fun thing to do (for baby, not for our backs...)

- Millions more. Some probably overshadowed by excessive snot, fevers, and fussing.

I don't have a photo for today. I'll try to have two tomorrow. I want to catch the way his reddish hair is starting to get tiny curls in the back. The way it's long enough to stick up on top. The way he understands me so much more than I expect. How much I love him. These will all be in a photo tomorrow.

4 comments:

Chris said...

I can already see that photo.

glo said...

Sweet post - can't wait to see you all!

Louisa said...

Thank you for painting such a vivid and detailed picture of what Noah is like. Even though I haven't met him yet, I feel like I know him -- which must be why I keep dreaming about him. The other night I spent hours hanging out with him, holding and playing with him. I can't wait for the real thing!

natasha said...

9 months! Crazy to think he's now been out in the world as long as he was in your belly (well almost - wasn't it more like 9 months and a week?). It's been so cool to get to watch him grow through these different stages - both in person and through your eyes on this blog. He is such a delightful and beautiful little person!!! xo
(Louisa - so cool that Noah's in your dreams!!!)