Saturday, January 9, 2010

We love the weekend

I really only had to work one day, one meeting, last week. I can't really say that I started work yet. Maya (who was babysitting) was impressed at Noah's persistence and his temper. Apparently he was not so happy that I was gone. It doesn't help that he seems to be getting a whole bunch of teeth all at once. He'll be starting at a real day care on Monday. I still have really mixed feelings about it. As I've mentioned before, I'd really like to be one of those mamas that stays home and makes all their children's toys, clothes, and meals by hand. It would be so nice. Alas, I have a job that I just can't pass up, I'm not actually a very good seemstress or woodworker, and I do like to eat out occasionally and have plastic in my kitchen (eek!). I hope Noah will still turn out alright. We visited the daycare last Friday and he was pretty interested in seeing the other babies. Plus, it's only four hours a day, which makes us really lucky.

Anyway, I know this has been my main topic lately, but it's the major thing happening around here.

Some other fun things from the weekend:

Noah's first BICAS vehicle! BICAS is a local community organization that is basically a warehouse full of old donated bikes, bike parts, and tools. They teach classes about bike maintenance and teach people how to build their own bikes. Once they've finished, they have a bike to ride and they know how to fix it. Plus, it's cheap. Chris absolutely adores BICAS. It's almost like heaven for bike geeks like him. That's why it was so exciting to find this jogging stroller there today. We love our folding stroller, but this faster model will help with a little bit faster walks (and maybe even jogging...) in the river park, and up Tumamoc hill.



And, guess who ate breakfast at Epic this morning? Of course Chris and I, but Noah too! He ate a jar of bananas, apricot and mixed grain. It smelled so good that I almost took a bite. Noah thoroughly enjoyed it.



This next one was actually from the week that Grandma Patti was here. It's the product of all the time we spent planting and watering the garden this year. I think we didn't do quite enough. This is a watermelon, in case you were wondering.

1 comment:

Patti said...

Lol at the butt shot at Epic. I told everyone about how Noah holds his hands out when eating. I hope he's not too grouchy with the teething. He'll do great at daycare, he knows he has caring-loving parents and relatives!