Sunday, November 29, 2009

We Miss Vermont!



We've only been home for a few hours, but we already miss being in Vermont. Noah misses his granddaddy (and so do I, like always), and his Grandma Melissa who made him lots of tasty baby foods and taught him some fun games (I also have a video of her teaching him how to do flips, but it's taking too long to upload so I'll have to post it tomorrow). She was also the inventor of the teething carrot, which is one of the best things ever. It's always hard to say goodbye to my dad at the airport, especially at 5 o'clock in the morning. Maybe we'll get rich one of these days and be able to get out there more than once a year.

That blue telephone in the photo above was one of the best toys ever, as far as Noah was concerned. The phone and granddaddy kept him entertained right there for some nice long chunks of time.



So here we are, back in Tucson. All our luggage made it safely, and we looked pretty chipper for waking up at 3:00 AM and then traveling for a total of about 12 hours.



Just a little story from the airport about Noah's outgoingness: He was smiling and waving both arms at everyone in the Tucson airport today as we waited for our luggage. I put my hand out and started to wave, to show him how to greet everyone. He placed his hand on my as I waved, and look intently at what I was doing. Then, he looked at his little hand, and with his fingers facing him, he started to open and close his hand and say, distinctly, "Hi, hi."

1 comment:

natasha said...

Sorry you miss Vermont - but I'm sure glad you're home! And isn't it nice to return to rain? Glad all your travels went well and hope to see you soon. I've gotta hear Noah say "hi" for myself! xxoo