Wednesday, November 18, 2009

We miss Chris

Chris isn't home this week. He's on a little backpacking trip with his students in Aravaipa canyon.

This is a photo of the canyon from priceline's website:



I can imagine him out there in his little tiny tent, listening to the whispers of middle school students until the wee hours of the night, wondering whether he'll have to get up in the middle of the night for some disaster or another...
I hope he's having a good time, and I can't wait to see the real photos of the trip when he gets back. If it really looks anything like the photos, I bet he'll be wanting to take Noah backpacking there sometime soon.

It's really fun to have my mom here for a few days, but I still miss Chris, especially at night when there's no one else to change the diapers or suck the snot out of little noses.

1 comment:

JoAnne said...

Re: Yesterday's post. You are not even close to being a failure. The post is always marvelous. It makes my day to see you all and share your lives.
Please say Hi to Glo for us.
Love,
Gram/GG