Saturday, October 31, 2009

Pirates and Teddy Bears



I put my new sewing machine to the test with several layers of fake fur and polar fleece this week. The final product was this pouty little teddy bear. Maybe he was disappointed that we didn't give him any candy?



I'm definitely a beginner so I don't think I'll show you any close-ups, and I probably should have used a pattern, but I think it turned out to be pretty cute.
Earlier in the week I went to the mom and baby group at the birth center where we were having a little costume day. The teddy bear costume was nowhere near finished, so I collected all Noah's skull and cross-bones baby gear (mostly given to us by Dennis and Lisa) and came up with this little pirate. Definitely one of the cutest costumes I've seen in a while.





Chris' costume (actually, the deciding factor on whether we should finally break down and buy a sewing machine; he made fur pants himself) was Pan, the goat-legged man of greek mythology.





This evening we didn't go out. We did carve our pumkins though, which Noah loved (we did not let him use a knife).



The best part was when I wanted to get a photo of Noah touching the pumkin. Well, Noah does not touch things, he sucks on them, and pumpkins are no exception. He's getting so fast!



4 comments:

Chris said...

MUHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA! Halloween will always be scary with pumpkin sucking wee ones around!!

Patti said...

I can't say much more than I just love the pictures! Except, are the horns holding up the halo? Oh, I don't see a halo. Guess I better rethink that.
Love ya,
P

Gina said...

The bear outfit is just adorable, Emery! I really love the ears! I think it looks great!
And those fur pants are fantastic, Chris! Please wear those out on the town soon: this weekend!

natasha said...

I adore everything about this post. You guys are such an amazingly cute family! And I really want a copy of that sad bear picture for my own. xxoo