Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My opinion on sleeping



I realize that this isn't the most flattering photo of me, but I just have to post it because I think it's so sweet. I love the way we both have our arms up, and our green sleeping t-shirts.
Chris took this before Noah and I woke up one morning. It's how we sleep every night. I know many people think it's not safe, I'll have to retrain him later, etc.
I think it feels like the most natural, safe, comforting, special thing in the world. I wouldn't give it up for anything. Also, although you might think I'd sleep better if I had more space, I find that I have a difficult time sleeping at all if he's not close by. I've also read that babies pattern their nighttime breathing by the breathing of other adults in the room. He definitely sleep much more deeply if I'm right there.

2 comments:

Xochi Mama said...

I wouldn't worry too much about sleeping habits later on. Most of the time, Eva sleeps with Jason and I too. There is something very special about it.

Amy said...

I just knew I'd love this post from the title.

You know I'm right there with you. June sleeps on her own now. It can happen!

I love Noah's expression in the picture. Sweetest ever.