Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Two Months!



We haven't had Noah weighed since he was 4 weeks old. Now he's already two months old, and we were just itching to know whether he had really grown as much as he looks like he has. Yesterday at Target we bought a digital bathroom scale. I pulled it out, stepped on, saw my weight, and then picked up Noah.

Wait a minute, I'm not great at math, but I weigh more than 14 lbs more when I'm holding Noah?!
This can't be right...



So I ask Chris to try (he is good at math). How much more does Chris weigh when holding Noah? 14 lbs 6 oz.



So, give a little for the diaper, which might actually weigh close to 6 oz, and he weighs approximately 14 lbs, seriously. That means he's gained another 3 1/2 lbs in the last month. No wonder his poor skin (and the small diapers) can't keep up.



Two month milestones:

- Head holding, which is quite a feat with a big baby head and nonexistent baby neck!

- Rolling from back to side

- Smiles, smiles, and more smiles

- A few little giggles here and there

- Much more interest in colors, objects and (uh-oh) even the television...

- Grabbing (and have you seen the length of mommy's hair lately?! Bad combination?)

Happy Two Months!!!

4 comments:

Chris said...

Wowser, 2 months old and already a plumber at heart.

glo said...

What a beautiful baby! Can't wait to give him a squeeze - I'm working out with my weights so I can hold him for more than 5 minutes! Happy two months Noah.

natasha said...

Happy two months, Noah Kai!!!

Amy said...

Emery, I think he has your eyes. That top photo is amazing.