Monday, July 6, 2009

Tummy Time

Tummy time, so I have read, is an important activity for babies' development. We've recently started trying to let Noah have more tummy time. It's good exercise for his neck, and supposedly will help him get ready to crawl.

Here is what he thinks of it:



Mostly because he spends most of the time smushing his face into the beautiful tummy quilt that his grammy made for him.





Chris gives him a little encouragement...



And finally a little relief..



Things are going well. We're adapting to this new lifestyle. For example: I did this entire post with the use of only one hand...

4 comments:

Amy said...

Oh yes, Noah makes tummy time look fun. I wouldn't know. I'll find out in a few weeks I think!

Great post. It put a smile on my face.

Chris said...

"Ladies and gentlemen, it is my honor to introduce to you today's motivational speaker. He can talk loudly, make you question your beliefs, lives off a steady diet of government cheese, and most importantly... lives in a van down by the RIVER! So give your warmest welcome to Mr. Matt Foley!"

This is what popped in my head when I look at the picture of me 'encouraging' the little guy.

Jed said...

Though not a baby, I am intimately familiar with the positions portrayed in photos two and three.

Gina said...

hi-five! (with that free hand of yours)