Thursday, July 2, 2009

A happy start of monsoon season



Our baby boy has started to smile, some of the sweatest little heart-melting smiles I've ever seen in my life. It really helps balance out how much more he's learned to cry (and I mean a serious cry) for what he wants, when he wants it!



My mom came down for the week to help me try to get some work done. It's been hard trying to get back into it, but I think it's getting better.

We had some exciting breakfasts while she was here. I just couldn't resist a photo of this one.



Another thing to be excited about is these big thunderclouds that have been gathering over the mountains lately.



The last few evenings we've had rain, just a little usually, but it's enough to start getting excited about the coming monsoon thunderstorm season.



Chris' garden is going to love the rain.

3 comments:

Patti said...

Love the smiles! How exciting - wish I could be there a little more often. But that will just make it sweeter when I do get to travel there. Love ya,

Amy said...

That top smile photo is a heartbreaker. So great. I can't wait to see one in person.

Louisa said...

I LOVE the first picture with that big smile!! It's contagious. What a sweetie.