Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Visit from Granddaddy



When I was little, and until my grandfather passed away a few years ago, we always called him Granddaddy. He used to buy us gummy worms and teach us to play games on his computer. He also had a great sense of humor and used to say things like, "when I was a little girl..." It always made us stop and think for a minute.

This is a photo of me with my Granddaddy.



Now my dad is Granddaddy. I think Noah likes him just as much as I liked mine so far (a lot!), and my dad sure loves Noah.





We had a great time with my dad and Melissa visiting. We really weren't ready for them to leave, and realized yesterday that they were leaving today. It's hard to live so far away from family.

We finally got Noah to enjoy a bath yesterday. I got in with him, so I think he trusted me enough to think the water wasn't so bad. He had his eyes locked on me the whole time though, as though he decided to trust me, but was still a little skeptical. Chris took these pictures of him in his towel, which of course he pooped in, but I guess that's what babies do right?





Now Noah's great-grandmother and step-great-grandfather are here visiting, which has been a lot of fun too. I'll post some photos of the four generations all here at once sometime soon.

2 comments:

natasha said...

I love the pics of Noah with his granddaddy and am so glad to hear you all had a great visit together. Noah is lucky to have so much loving family in his life - and he's getting cuter by the day. Can't wait to see him again - I miss my little buddy!
xxoo

Jenn said...

Hey Em, I'm so happy for you and your new little bambino! I wish you the best of luck and blessings for your new little family!
your post caught my eye because I can remember so clearly when we were growing up the stories you used to tell me about when your grandaddy would say "when I was a little girl..." it's funny the little things that stick out in your mind from the past!