Friday, June 12, 2009

A few quiet days



When I was in my last semester of grad school and writing my thesis, I became quite a regular at a local coffee shop here in Tucson called the Epic Cafe. Chris is also a regular, since his school is next door, and what teacher doesn't need the occasional afternoon cup of coffee to get through the meeting right? Anyway, since I've been avoiding caffeine for the last several months, and had been coming in with quite a belly when I did get the urge for a bagel with veggie cream cheese, some of my favorite baristas had been asking about me. When Chris stopped in yesterday after a bike ride to bring me home a bagel with veggie cream cheese and a decaf latte, they of course asked about me and Noah. When the to go bag came out it looked like this. I know it's pretty silly, but I felt special to be missed by my favorite coffee shop.



Another thing I don't want to forget about is this adorable bracelet that my dad's girlfriend Melissa made for Noah to wear on his ankle. She said that when she was a baby they used to put little bracelets on babies in the hospital to identify them. Unfortunately he has already outgrown it. I was torn between wanting her to add more beads, and wanting to remember just how tiny his ankle was. The memory won out and I decided to take it off and keep it tiny. Here is a photo to look back at and prove that it really did fit on his ankle at one time.



There are certainly lots of moments when we can't believe how hard it is to take care of ourselves and baby at all hours of the day, but mostly these photos show how we're feeling about the whole thing.



5 comments:

MyLifeNow said...

Emery, you look so happy in the last picture. And that makes me happy!

Patti said...

To be so far away the pictures help-a little! Maybe Melissa could make new ankle jewelry for his one month birthday or one every three months? I have lots of friends tell me they just love the name Noah Kai. Love ya, P

Amy said...

Feeling great if that last picture says anything! The epic note is great.

Tracey Embrace the Change Hayes said...

such love. much happiness. and cherished memories...who could ask for more. miss you guys, kisses to Noah Kai for me.

Jenn said...

wow emery..motherhood becomes you!! you look radiant!!