Sunday, May 31, 2009

Trying to adjust



There are so many things to try and look at, smell, listen to, and touch that sometimes it might be a little overwhelming. Chris and I are also taking a while to adjust to this new life, caring for a tiny being that takes up absolutely all of our time. We love him so much it's hard to believe, and I worry about every little noise he makes in his sleep, and color his skin turns when he's awake. I have to get over that, because it's exhausting. I'm trying to keep the overwhelming world at bay as much as I can to give Noah time to adjust, especially for these first couple of weeks, but it's hard sometimes when there are so many things going on.



It's hard to see how he changing, since I see him so much of the day. He sleeps quite a bit, and when he's not sleeping it's seems like he's almost ALWAYS nursing. I didn't sleep very well last night, not because Noah didn't sleep. Maybe because he sleeps so well. Anyway, I think I'm sounding a little crazy so I should stop blogging for today. Things are going really well for new parents and a new baby. Oh, I forgot to mention that Noah's umbilical cord fell off on Friday, about 8 days after his birth. Maybe I'll post a photo of it :)
Another Grandma visiting this weekend, Grandma Patti (Chris' mom), with nice southwest colors and a nice desert backdrop.



Some time sitting in the backyard today felt good. I haven't been outside as much as I need to be. We watched this cactus flower go from a bud to this bloom in just a few hours.



No matter how many of these we see, they still amaze me every time.

2 comments:

Chris said...

As we adjust, I want to take short moments and pinch myself. It seems so surrealistic at times hanging out at the house with a newborn that I can't help but smile at, even when he cries or poops on himself.

Tracey Embrace the Change Hayes said...

Delirium is perfectly normal for new parents I hear...so you are right on track! Jed will probably be giving you a call - he will be driving through TUC on his way to NM to spend some time with his Grandma and if you guys are up to it wanted to stop by for a quick hello. Sending you my love! Hope to you see you all soon.