Friday, May 8, 2009

Counting down: eight days


Alhambra in Granada, Spain: Christmas 2006

In this photo (taken by either Steve or Tasha) Chris and I are admiring this incredible old moorish palace in Granada, Spain, called the Alhambra. The amazing thing about the palace (aside from incredibly intricate stone and wood carving, tile work, and buildings) is that supposedly it is designed so that no matter where you are on the huge grounds or in the extensive buildings, you can hear the sound of running water.

Today is my last official day of work before I get to start my "Family Medical Leave". I can't believe how lucky I've been to have this job, especially at this particular point in my life. This is the first time I'm ever had health insurance, and wow have I been grateful for it. I've added the amazing wonders of air conditioning into my list of great things that Sesame will like when he comes out (per Tasha's suggestion), but still waiting. The full moon tonight has me feeling a little bit hopeful :)

1 comment:

glo said...

So beautiful - a life so full of love