Monday, April 6, 2009

Shower for Baby Sesame

We had a lovely baby shower this weekend with lots of wonderful friends coming to bless us and baby Sesame with gifts and well wishes.
Unfortunately, I did a terrible job taking photos. I guess I was too excited about everything to remember, but it was very pretty. Mina's yard had lots of flowers blooming, and all the kids had a great time "fishing" in her pool.
I made a fruit and cheese plate that I was very proud of, Juliana made some gorgeous cakes, Tasha made chocolate covered strawberries, and we had lots of other goodies.





Favors made by Juliana: Sesame bars with little tags that said things like, "we love Sesame" and "Sesame loves you." I love them.



Sesame has lots of handpainted T-shirts, onsies, and socks, thanks to a fun activity where people painted/colored/potato stamped their own designs. There were many very cool ones. One especially impressive sample is this one made by Elizabeth. Yes, she really drew it right there with the fabric pens!



My mom used to make beautiful quilts when I was a kid. She made this one for the baby. The light yellow squares of made of Chris' old favorite shirt that ripped a few weeks ago (photo here). It's made to be a mat to play on, with a thick, soft, durable feel that will be really nice for playtime.



One more thing. A very special part of the shower was this blessing cord. Many of our friends brought little things to tie to the cord, or chose little pieces to tie to the cord and give their hopes, blessings, and wishes for us and the baby. I didn't get a great photo of it, but you can see what it looks like.





My mom put a flower that her mother had pressed. Tasha put some Hopi corn, Robin put an eagle feather from near her house in Canada, Mina hung a seashell, Bethany hung a button, and many other neat things.

3 comments:

Chris said...

We truly are blessed to have so many great friends and family members! Thanks to everyone who showered us with gifts and heartfelt emotions on Saturday, whether you were in Tucson or far away.

glo said...

You have wonderful friends and I am so grateful to all of them for helping to make the shower wonderful. Special thanks to Juliana, Tasha, Helen, and Mina, who worked so hard to make it beautiful. You guys are incredibly special people.

Louisa said...

I wish I could have been there! It looks lovely!