Monday, March 30, 2009

Beginnings of Baby Takeover

I have a feeling this blog is soon going to become much less about plants and yummy foods, and much more about a certain little baby whose things are already becoming quite a presence in our house. It's amazing someone could have so many things and not even be born yet...



My very good friend Fran (who has a very adorable baby boy) sent us home from Flagstaff with an entire car load of baby things. Last night I sat on the bedroom floor and tried to sort through the piles of clothes we've already been given by so many generous people. I got as far as sorting by type, but then there was size...

We found a changing table on Craig's list today, just what we were looking for, especially since it was super cheap, only $25. We realized when we got home that it matches our little dresser exactly. It's starting to look like we have a "nursery theme" after all.





Chris hung up our leaf canopy over the changing table, and a really cool mobile that Tasha got for us (I mean for Sesame). This is what the view from the table might look like.



I will try to start posting a little more often. If you scroll down to the very bottom of this page you'll see that I added a little "ticker" so that if you are interested in exactly how long until the baby is due, it will tell you.

3 comments:

Chris said...

It looks more and more like my idea of a baby haven. I'm so excited, but I can wait.

natasha said...

The nursery set-up looks great. It's so exciting to see all these ideas you've had for it begin to take shape. The leaf canopy with the beetle mobile is great too - you were right, the two work really well together. Oooh so exciting!!!

glo said...

Beautiful changing table, and the leaf and mobile are really beautiful!