Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A week of our life: Tuesday

While this week sounded like it would be a great idea, I'm starting to realize that all this blog normally is is telling about what Chris and I did every day. Hmm, I think it's helping me realize that I need to branch out. Anyway, I'm not going to quit right now, so here's what we did today:

After work we went up to Pima Community College where there is a little system of trails through the desert hills beside the college. We like walking there because the hills are just big enough to get your heart going and to get you huffing and puffing without being too much. Plus, around sunset you have a beautiful view of the sun setting over the Tucson Mountains, and on the other side the Catalinas turn bright pink. The panorama of the city at that time of time is pretty awesome. If I'd had my camera with me, I would show you :) Maybe later in the week when we go again I'll get some good ones.

Here is a preview from Chris' phone.












When we got home we ate some ravioli with spinach and mushrooms, and then got started on our next batch of Amish friendship bread (which Chris calls "moldy milk bread", and while they insist that only the Amish know the recipe, he knows a few people who can make it from scratch. So we decided to make a super huge batch and not have any started leftover. Sorry to all of you who were just dying for a starter. We'll ask Sherry for another one.

Since we are making such a huge batch, we divided it into three different kinds: blueberry, apple, and banana walnut.







We also used whole wheat flour instead of white, left out just a little of the sugar, and added instant oatmeal instead of instant vanilla pudding. Needless to say, these seem a little healthier.





I'll try to remember to take some pictures of Chris' school tomorrow, and some other interesting things.

3 comments:

Chris said...

"Zombies peelin' apples, coming to a homestead near you!"
-Movie Poster Tag Line

natasha said...

I love that you guys had a baking party on a Tuesday night! How whimsical! And it's been cool seeing pics of your work and other moments in your daily life. And, uh, I was wondering if you could come and make my office look as cool as yours? ;)

Jed said...

I'm not exaggerating when I say that those muffins you gave us were... um... I can't even find the words. I dream about them. Yum.