Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Homemade Ice Cream in the Winter

We got a new ice cream maker for Christmas this year. It's not one of those old hand crank ones, or even an electric version of one of those. It doesn't need any ice or rock salt, just a kitchen aid stand mixer and a freezer.





I've always wondered if so-called "frozen yogurt" was really frozen yogurt. I still don't know, but what I do know now is that you can put yogurt into an ice cream maker and it comes out something like frozen yogurt, maybe better. I used nonfat vanilla yogurt and mixed some berries into it.





The fancy presentation was partially for the photos, and partially because Chris and Colin have been working hard all week on putting up a sound barrier wall between our bedroom and Colin's apartment (he stays up late and likes loud music - we don't).



It's been a lot colder here this week, and rainy. There was a beautiful sunset yesterday, which I really think was enhanced by the power lines in the foreground. Don't you?





I'm really hoping to move back into our bedroom sometime next week, but there's still painting the whole room, and since everything is moved out of it already, we figure that we might as well have some new carpet put in (did I already mention that?).

2 comments:

natasha said...

Yum. That ice cream looks delicious. If you need any more hard work done at your house, let me know and I'll come over to do it. Just to get some ice cream. You did a really good job of capturing the wind in the sunset photos. I guess the wispy clouds help too. And yes, I agree that the power lines make the photo. ;)
p.s. My "word verification" word is "Sessie". I think that's really serendipitous, don't you?

Amy said...

I didn't know about the carpet.

That frozen yogurt looks yummy. I wish I had a Kitchen Aid.