Saturday, January 24, 2009

Family Crocheted Booties

A student in Chris' class loves to knit and crochet. She recently offered to make Sesame a hat, but I think her pattern is for preemies, so we thought maybe not a good idea.
This morning Chris remember a gift the student had sent home for us, and pulled out these adorable crocheted his and hers booties she made for us.



This evening we got home from a nice dinner with Jed and Tracy, who were in town visiting for the day, and I found a package in the mail from Juliana. A gift from her recent trip to Argentina! I pulled out the most ridiculously cute little crocheted sandal booties.





We couldn't believe it. All in one day our whole family was outfitted with hand crocheted footwear!!



While I'm here, I also want to advertise some of the delicious Amish friendship bread I made today, and to say that I have starters to make more. If anyone is interested in the starter and the recipe, please let me know. I hate to pass it on like a chain letter to unsuspecting non-bakers, so I'm trying to find someone who wants it :)



It's really more like cake, since it has quite a bit of sugar. The blueberries along with the cinnamon make it pretty exciting too.
Here are the starters that I have, just waiting...



And this is what the final product looks like in muffin form:





3 comments:

Chris said...

I love the picture of the three sets of booties! It shows the size difference.
I also love how the pic of the muffins in the pan seem like sailors saluting the crowd as the ship motors into port. Dessert has arrived!

natasha said...

Great post -- and how serendipitous that all those crocheted booties came on the same day. I guess it just goes to show that if you will something to happen you really can create your own reality. ;)
I LOVE the Argentinian booties - they'll look great with overalls. And, I can vouch, the muffins were divine.

Jed said...

I'm prone to hyperbole, but those muffins were unbelievably awesome!