Thursday, December 11, 2008

Farewell to Petri



My old cat Petri passed away yesterday.

Petri was always a playful cat who especially liked the little caps from bicycle tubes, and would chase them all over the house. Another favorite was a paper bag to sit inside, safe from the rest of the world, and pleasantly crinkly.



My dad and I couldn't figure out exactly when she was born, but we figured it was between 1995 and 96, which made her a very old kitty. She lived with me in several different houses in Flagstaff, in Cortez, CO, and Gunnison, CO, and all our houses here in Tucson. Recently she had been living with our friend Annetta, which made Petri quite happy since she was the only cat in the house for the first time in a few years.

She was terrified of the car, of new places, of dogs, and just about everything else except being at home. Petri also had the tiniest little kitten sounding meow you ever heard. I was really sad to see her go, and hope I took care of her as well as I should have. I'll miss her a lot.

3 comments:

natasha said...

Oh! I'm so sorry to hear about Petri. She was such a sweet cat. :(
At least you have many,many years of wonderful memories of her shenanigans and endearing quirks...

glo said...

She also was the only cat who would "sit" on command! And play catch! She had a good life. Bye Petri.

Amy said...

So sad! I loved Petri.