Sunday, November 2, 2008

Jack-o-Lanterns

Our house has never had a single trick-or-treater, as long as we've been here. I guess it makes sense, since the houses in our neighborhood have fences and dogs, and that houses are spaced far apart, but it's still a little bit sad that the halloween fun doesn't seem to reach us.



My mom and Ron were here visiting for the weekend, and we decided to make the most of our lack of trick-or-treaters (while staying home) by carving our pumkins. After my mom and Chris cut open the tops and took out the slimy, squishy guts, we took turns carving eyes, mouths and noses.



We took them out into the yard and lit candles to see their spooky faces in all their orange glory. Here are the faces we came up with.





I haven't had time to blog as much as I would like lately, but I'll try to start getting here more often. I have a few other things to share this week, so hopefully I will be posting more often than I have been. I hope everyone had a happy halloween!

1 comment:

Chris said...

I think we should have a caption contest for the last of those pumpkin pictures. The winner gets the pumpkin!