Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Morning after a beautiful evening

Actually it's now two mornings after our wedding, but these photos are from yesterday so...
Everything turned out wonderful, perfect, better than I could have hoped. It seemed like everyone enjoyed themselves, and Chris and I had an amazing time with all our friends and loved ones. I loved the flowers. They are what I remember the most -- walking down the aisle with my dad and looking at the flowers, the colors of the dresses, the flags and all the people. I loved that part. I thought it was so much more beautiful than I could have imagined. Thank you so soo sooo much to everyone who was there, who helped, who decorated, and who enjoyed the day with us.
After the wedding we were led down a little pathway to the 'John Wayne Honeymoon Suite.' There were candles lit on the mantle of the fireplace, in the wall sconces, and on the table where a pot of warm food waited for us. A little flame was keeping it warm, though it was clear that it had not been there long, and there were fancy settings, champagne, and a comfy couch to finally sit down and relax on. What a great end to the evening.
Sadly, I didn't have my camera with me so I don't have any photos of my own to share from the wedding. I just have a couple from yesterday that I liked.
The first is of my beautiful dress, the next, day, hanging in the car like just another dress.



I want to point out, just in case anyone didn't already know, that my mom hemmed the dress for me. She checked out books to learn to do it exactly right, did the whole thing twice to make sure it wasn't too long, and eventually got it perfect. Thanks mom!!
These are just a little glimpse of what the flowers looked like. A bridesmaid bouquet and on of the large arrangements. I arranged these myself, which was a kind of stress relieving thing for me to do the day of the wedding, believe it or not. My bouquet, which I don't have a photo of right now, was my favorite. It was made of succulents, orchids, roses, snapdragons, and a little bit of purple filler. So lovely.







The last one is from yesterday evening. I always see photos of the rings sitting on a flower, and know my photographer didn't do this, so I thought I'd try it. Here is what I came up with.



Hopefully I will have more photos from the wedding soon. Chris surprised me during the wedding dinner with a trip for next weekend to our friend Juliana's mother gorgeous little vacation house in Bisbee. I'm really looking forward to that little get away and can't wait to share those photos too.

6 comments:

Tracey Hayes said...

For those who there, you can attest it was a truly magical day - the rains stopped and started as if on cue. The love in the air was palpable. It started with Chris, the moment he took his place at the alter he was overcome with emotion which welled up and erupted in shared laughter during the ceremony...it was truly a perfect Emery and Chris moment. My other favorite moment of this amazing day, aside from seeing Emery practically floating down the aisle in her gorgeous dress...was when her friends honored her as the original Dancing Queen, complete with choreography in the center of the dance floor. Every woman in the room was envious of her at that moment. Thank you Emery for sharing your amazing day with all of us. Can't wait to see the pictures I'm sure your photographers got some amazing shots! My love to you both.

natasha said...

I agree, it was a truly magical event and all the love and energy you poured into it was evident in every little detail - from the flowers, to the fans on the guests' chairs, to the simple eloquence of your vows to each other. Yours was one of the most sincere and heartfelt weddings I have ever been to. Thank you for allowing us all to share in your confirmation of your love for each other - I think it was a reminder to all who attended of the value of true love. At one moment I looked around the dance hall and nearly every couple seemed to be wrapped up in an embrace of some sort - either gazing lovingly into each other's eyes or dancing together with the most delicate pressing of fingertips. Your love was truly infectious. So thank you so much for sharing that night and your beautiful love for each other. What a blessing to have been a part of that night! And I cannot wait to see pictures!

natasha said...

I forgot to say that I really love the picture of the rings with the flowers. Also, I put my bouquet in a jar of water and it's still alive and well. I plan to pull the succulents and plant them so I can always have a little reminder of your beautiful wedding.

emery_rose said...

Thank you guys for the nice comments. I loved the dancing queen part too. Amazing to have all those friends put in that much effort! I felt slightly less like the dancing queen though, surrounded by all those incredible dancers. I tried my best though!

Gina said...

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful love with us! It was a gorgeous, intimate, fuschia and white evening. Soft lights! Luscious flowers! Chris's inimitable laughter! And the loveliest Emery. Ben and I felt so lucky to be there, surrounded by such wonderful, joyful,compassionate people. Big besos! Have a great time in Bisbee this weekend!

Amy said...

I'm so excited you are going to Bisbee. I LOVE Bisbee for some reason. Maybe the antique shops. :)

Your wedding was really truly beautiful. I even loved the rain.
Thanks for incorporating me into the ceremony. I felt happy to be a part of things and can I just say, SO happy for you both.