Thursday, September 18, 2008

Chubby Hubby

Chris and I are enjoying marriage, especially little things. People keep asking us if it feels different. Not that different, but I guess it's starting to sink in a little bit, and there's some slight difference that feels nice. Yesterday evening we drove to Alberson's for a few late-night groceries.

It's been a while since we bought ice cream, and Chris decided that he wanted to go look for the "Chubby hubby," since he's a hubby now (those who know him, however, probably wouldn't agree with the chubby part).

We couldn't resist the 2 for $6.oo sale on Ben & Jerry's. We bought pumpkin cheesecake (my choice) and of course, the chubby hubby, which neither of us had even tried before. It's good. It has peanut-butter filled, chocolate covered pretzels. Maybe the pretzels are the chubby hubbys...? I don't know where the name came from, but it was funny.



5 comments:

Chris said...

A few more pints of this stuff and I might just fit the bill!

natasha said...

I'm so glad to see that you guys have discovered my all time favorite ice cream! I was very disappointed a few weeks ago when a co-worker sent me an article on the fattiest ice creams on the market. Chubby Hubby is number 2! I guess that's where the Chubby part comes from?

Jed said...

I'm a Phish Food man, myself.

emery_rose said...

I like phish food too. My all time favorite B&J is Half-Baked. Cookie-dough and Brownies... Mmm. That's what I have to say about that.
I think you're right Tasha, about the name Chubby Hubby, which I guess means Chris is right to :)

Amy said...

That's cool. This made me laugh.