Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Showered with friends

I couldn't ask for better friends. This photo was taking at my wedding shower. There are a few dear friends who were missing at this moment, and they were missed, but what a feeling to have all these people are for love and support.

Everything about the shower was amazing. I love cheese. Really. And they thought to have a "cheese-tasting"theme. Mmm. There was dress-up, a few games. A really great detail, my friend Magan who lives in Patagonia, Chile (i.e. the other side of the world) surprised us by walking in the door saying, "did anyone order some cheese from South America?" It was great to have her there.



After the shower, we went up on the peaks. It was so beautiful with all the aspen trees and wildflowers. I wish I could do it every weekend.



We walked up the hill from our campsite to see the incredible view, all the way to the Grand Canyon. There was a swing waiting for us, hanging from high up in an aspen tree. It felt like swinging out toward the canyon, and was also a great photo opportunity.














Our campsite was breathtaking. The food, prepared by Juliana, was incredible, and everything else was just, words can't do it justice.




I loved this photo of Gina. She also had her camera out and was taking a million photos, and was doing a great job posing for me.



Thank you so much to everyone who made it, and to everyone who couldn't be there, you were there in spirit!!

3 comments:

natasha said...

Hooray! That was such a fun weekend! And great pics - minus the one of me on the swing which I think might possibly the single worst picture I've ever taken!

Amy said...

That is a beautiful photo of Gina. Man I wish I could've been there, but I am so happy for you that you had this blissful weekend.

natasha said...

Sorry - I should clarify. I think the pic of me is bad because I'm so unphotogenic - it's an amazing picture from an artistic standpoint though. I love the technique of focusing on a moving object and having the background come out all blurry. Very cool. :)