Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Cloud portal


Cloud portal
Originally uploaded by emery_rose
I took this photo from the car. I think it looks like a doorway or a portal into another world. There was another, smaller opening in the clouds that opened up a to the right of it a little later. One thing I've always liked about clouds is that they look so 'unrealistic.' By this I mean that no matter how perfectly realistically you were to paint clouds, they never look realistic in the painting. You look at a painting and think, "those clouds couldn't have been that orange..." I once did a painting where the sky was blue and the clouds were sort of reddish orange. Someone really said to me, "if the clouds were red, the sky wouldn't be blue." Hmm.

1 comment:

Jed said...

You should send that person this photo, and on the back it should say, "HA HA!"