Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sunflower Installment

The following are photos of the same sunflower with different lighting, from different angles, and with different numbers of ants on them.

Sunflower looking strait into camera.




Sunflower with ethereal backdrop.




Sunflower leaves in foreground.



Sunflower backlit by reflective building.



Close-up of Sunflower backlit by reflective building.



Yes. I really did just post five photos that are painfully similar, of course taken in the backyard, and give them names as though they were unique. Well, they are. I love this sunflower, especially because it is one of only three that has survived the neglectful gardening that Chris and I tend to practice. Today I'm wondering if our cottonwood is on the way out. As I think that my heart sinks. I have tried, tried, and tried.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen my cat all day either. I suppose it's about time I did something other than conjure up none-too-terribly-interesting names for my photos of sunflowers.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Goodluck with your kitty and your cottonwood.

Who knew ants liked sunflowers?

I love the lighting - ethereal is a good description.