Thursday, May 22, 2008

Arranging your own flowers



After visiting our fourth grocery store today, we started to wonder if arranging your own wedding flowers might not have been such a good idea. We finally ran into the most helpful and wonderful Safeway florist you could imagine, and we ended up with a gorgeous assortment of sunflowers, tulips, orchids, and iris. We had a great time putting them all into the back of the fit.





They turned into pretty nice looking arrangements for the tables. I'll have to update on the bridal bouquets later because we decided to wait on those.





These are origami lilies for the placesettings. Hours and hours of work (not by me). There are also hundreds of paper cranes strung for decorations. It should be a colorful reception, which is good because they're predicting a foot of snow for this memorial day wedding!



Time to go to sleep. It's going to be another full day of wedding details tomorrow.

2 comments:

natasha said...

My god! I can't believe how much it's snowing here! I'm glad to see you all still seem to have a great attitude about it and I'm sure it will end up being really beautiful despite the surprise weather. I love the pics of the flowers in the fit - you should send those into Honda!

Amy said...

Those paper lilies are gorgeous.

I hope you stay warm.


And: I volunteer. Put me to work. I can fold paper for your wedding if you need a hand.